Please watch the video's below for general installation procedures. Each vehicle is a bit different, however the general process is the same.
Installation on a Grand Cherokee (Below)
Installation on a 2006 Audi A3 (Below)
Installation on a GMC/Chevy Truck (Below)
My lights installed don't turn on!
Sometimes the connector you insert into the ballast must be reversed!. Some cars wiring is reverse polarity, so you may need to switch the polarity and that fixes the problem 99% of the time. Some vehicles simply require problem eliminators to solve "not turning on" or "Flickering effect".
What do I do with the rubber grommet pre-installed on the wires?
Installation of an HID conversion on your vehicle is very easy to do. The hardest part is removing and accessing the existing bulbs on your vehicle. Some vehicles may require removal of the front bumper to access the headlights, some you must go from behind the fender. Please consult your owner’s manual or ask dealer how to get access to your vehicles bulbs. Once you have this figured out, the rest is very easy.
1. Remove the factory halogen bulb from your vehicle. There will be some kind of connector attached to your bulb. Each bulb type uses different types of connectors.
2. Prepare the HID bulb to be installed in your vehicle. Remove from capsule and make sure not to touch any part of the glass. If you do, please wipe with rubbing alchol. As you can see above most HID bulbs will have 2 connectors which will attached to the ballast. Some bulb models depending on vehicle will have 2 additional wires through the black rubber garmet.
3. Install the new HID bulb carefully in your headlight housing.
4. Connect the ballast to the HID bulb with the connectors shown above.
5. Connect the input "Oval Shaped Connector" to the ballast and run the other end to the factory connector on the vehicle. Some model bulbs will come with a plastic connectors, while other bulb models will come with 2 metal connectors you must insert into your factory harness.
6. Turn on your vehicle and then turn on the lights and make sure everything is working properly
7. Mount the ballast on a location by using zipties or bolts.
8. Installation is complete, put everything back together and make sure you did not leave any tools in your engine bay.